Welcome to Halton Virtual School
This website was last updated 02-06-2020
(List of updates can be found at the bottom of this page)
The aim of this website is to provide information for our children in care and care leavers and all those who are involved in working with and supporting them.
This is a developing website so we will be constantly updating and adding more pages and resources to each section.
If you feel that there is any information that would be useful for us to include or if you have any questions that we currently don't have answers for on the site, please get in touch with us.
IMPORTANT UPDATES IN RELATION TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We will be continuously updating our website to provide our children, young people and parents/carers with as much support and guidance as possible particularly in relation to developments related to the coronavirus.
To clarify the situation following announcement of school closures, settings have been asked to remain open to all "vulnerable children" which includes any child who has a social worker or an education health care plan (EHCP). All schools will be working hard at this point to make plans going forward and will keep parents/carers updated.
Guidance for parents and carers
Government info for closure of educational settings
EO learning at home guidance ( March 2020).pdf
* Gov.uk list of online education resources for home education *
Advice for parents and carers looking after children with SEND
Support CYP's mental health and wellbeing
* NEWCovid 19 - Simplified Guidelines for Families.pdf - this document outlines guidance following the reopening of schools for some pupils on 1st June 2020.
Coronavirus - A Book for Children
Gruffalo and friends explaining social distancing
Children's Commissioner - Guide to Coronavirus.pdf
Guidance for Summer 2020 grades for GCSE, AS and A Level Qualifications
Ofqual Guidance for Summer 2020 Qualifications.pdf
A Level - Thursday 13th August 2020
GCSE - Thursday 20th August 2020
Unfortunately our current activity programme has been postponed until further notice.
We are working on expanding the downloadable resources available from our website and also signposting to relevant websites and apps for parents/carers to use with their children. Please use the tabs at the top of the page to see fun ideas for learning at home as well as more key stage or subject specific resources.
* Home Page - Simplified guidelines document for families following reopening of schools on 1st June 2020
* Learning at Home - MyBnk Family Money Twist - financial education for ages 5-11 years
* Mental Health & Wellbeing - link to Reading Well site with a list of expert endorsed books for 13-18yr olds to support mental health.