Our activity programme has ended for this academic year. We are in the process of developing a new and exciting programme for the next year.
If you have any questions about any of our activities please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on Virtual.School@halton.gov.uk.
2019-2020 Activity Programme & Support
Our activity and support programme consists of the following:
- Education & Opportunity Activities which will generally take place during school holidays that focus on a range of skills and for KS4 there will be focus on preparing young people for life beyond school.
- Interventions which provide extra support to our children and young people through a variety of different resources available to us.
Below are outlines for each programme - for each event we'll be sending out invitations and letters to children/young people and carers in advance of the date with information and details for booking onto the events. We are still in the process of developing some activity days so these will be added once details can be confirmed. Upcoming event invitations will be displayed at the top of the page.
Details will be available once dates and events have been confirmed.
|Storytime Magazine||Years 4 & 5|
A subscription to a story magazine sent out monthly to each child at their placement address.
|Curiosity Book Club||Reception & targeted children identified through PEPs & attainment results|
Partnership with local bookstore "Curiosity Bookshop" to provide individualised book parcels sent out to a child's placement address once a term for the academic year.
|1:1 Tuition after school||As requested|
Working alongside a tuition agency to arrange after school tuition for a range of subjects.
|Literacy & Numeracy Activity Packs||As required – targeted children identified through PEPs and attainment targets|
Bespoke packs to support literacy and numeracy skills through learning at home. Packs can include:
- Activity sheets
- Suggested online resources
|Virtual School Website – Primary, Secondary and Post-16 sections||Primary, Secondary & Post-16|
Developing sections within the Virtual School website to support children & young people from primary through to post-16.
- To provide links to fun educational games on a range of topics
- To provide subject specific information including tutorials and links to relevant websites
- To provide worksheets for a range of subjects
- To provide information and guidance around key stages including Year 8/9 options years and post-16 options