Easter Activity Packs 2021
For the Easter break we sent out packs to all our CIC from Reception to Year 11. The content of the packs varied depending on age and some were tailored to specific needs but all included a range of resources such as:
- Card game
- Grow Your Own Wildflowers or Grow Your Own Kitchen Herbs pack
- Worksheets - word searches, mindfulness colouring, 30 day activity challenge, nature trail.
The packs were put together to support a range of skills and curriculum areas including:
- Reading - we went for factual books this time round which touched upon Science, Nature, Geography and History. There were also instructions on how to use the Grow Your Own kits, how to DIY plant pots and how to play card games.
- Writing - within the 30 day activity challenge there were writing activities and Reception/Year 1 children received activity books.
- Speaking & Listening - communication is needed when playing games, children and young people would also be able to discuss what they have read, or as part of the 30 day challenge there would have been tasks involving communication.
- Maths - some of the card games involved a range of skills such as logic, strategy, probability, number, shape and memory.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing - mindfulness colouring as well as the 30 day activity challenge linking in with the 5 ways to wellbeing.