We provided individuals with basic materials and instructions to design and build their own balloon car racer to enter into the wacky races championship rally. After trial runs, it was all about investigating how to improve the racers to enter into the two rallies – one for fastest racer and the other for racer that travels furthest.
- Science – physics – Newton's Third Law, the balloon pushes air out backwards and the car and the balloon get pushed forwards.
- Design & Tech. – come up with elements of a balloon car that can be changed which can affect it's performance.
- Design & Tech. – experiment with different designs to improve a balloon car's performance.
- Art & Design – to use a range of materials creatively to design and make a balloon car.
- Maths – to measure the distance a balloon car travels.